The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the following vacant position: SYSTEMS ENGINEER – ICT SUPPORT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To administer operating and business systems for effective provision of the Commission’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) services and provide ICT support to end users.
This position will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Administers server and end user operating systems and applications ensuring system availability and performance and application of upgrades and service packs.
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Configures and administers the Exchange Server for optimum availability of corporate email services.
- Administers backups of ICT systems and user data.
- Manages the Helpdesk for end users and supervises the Helpdesk staff.
- Manages anti - virus application for servers and other endpoints.
- Manages, monitors, and continually improves the physical and virtual server environment.
- Administers and supports the storage environment.
- Provides technical and end user training.
- Liaises with vendors providing ICT services.
- Perform any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia, Computer Society of Zambia or ISACA.
- Microsoft Certification in MCITPE, MCSA or MCSE.
- Certification in the following or equivalent will be an added advantage:
- HP Server Administration
- SAP (ERP) BASIS
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) Administration
- ICT Security
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION
- Not less than five (5) years relevant experience in an ICT Support or Systems/Network Administration role.
- Proven experience in managing Server Environments and ICT infrastructure
- Strong experience in networking technologies.
- Experience in administering SAN storage
- Experience in administering backups.
- Experience in managing services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control and monitoring of server infrastructure.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating the position on the envelope) to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three (3) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers not later than Friday, 26th January, 2018:
The Chief Electoral Officer,
Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 50274,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.